During winter it can be hard to stay outdoors due to the cold. However this challenge can be countered by using the propane patio heater. This outdoor heater uses propane as fuel. It comes with a detachable table and a cover which adds to its weatherproof qualities. It can be used in terraces, gardens or patios.
Pros of the Propane Patio Heater
The heater is portable and can be moved to fit in any space. No electrical sockets or cords are required. It can even be used in outdoor camping activities.
It is easy to store when it is not in use.
The heater is cost effective as one does not need to worry about mounting electricity bills.
It comes in many innovative designs hence one can easily pick a design that matches architecture or outdoor decoration.
- The heater usually comes with an instruction manual and it is very easy to install. It is also very stable if it is installed properly.
- It is also affordable as it comes in different designs that suit different budget.
- The heater uses propane as fuel and it can be inconveniencing if the fuel tank gets empty while it is in use. It is therefore advisable to have an extra tank for emergency replacement.
- Propane fuel price is very volatile and its cost can rise at anytime.
- It also emits carbon monoxide which can be hazardous or cause accidents.
Avoiding the Dangers
The dangers posed the heater can be avoided by heeding to the manufacturers guidelines. Here are some of the tips;
- Conduct regular maintenance check-up on the propane tank and heater to ensure that they are in good condition and there is no leak in the tank or valve.
- Buy a carbon monoxide detecting unit to detect the emission of this gas.
- It should be installed in a stable location away from combustible materials.
For anyone planning to spend outdoors during cold nights or winter, getting a propane patio heater might be the best decision as it can provide warmth in any season hence ensuring comfort at anytime.